Perfect for summer get-togethers, this succulent dish is far from the typical cheeseburger. Pack with flavourful mushrooms and delectable cheese, it will have your mouth watering at first sight. more recipes can be found at saputo.ca
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
What You'll Need:
- 7 oz (200 g) white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 to 7 green onions, finely chopped
- olive oil, to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white wine
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs (1 kg) ground beef
- 8 ox (250 g) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 head radicchio
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns
What You'll Need to Do:
- In a pan, saute mushrooms and green onions in a drizzle of olive oil. Deglaze with white wine. Once the wine has evaporated, remove the vegetables from heat and let cook. Add salt to taste.
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, cooked vegetables, the Mozzarellissima and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the ground beef mixture into balls and flatten them to form hamburger patties.
- Cut the radicchio in half and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the radicchio on the barbecue for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, and the hamburgers for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or according to your personal cooking preference.
- Finely mince the grilled radicchio to garnish your hamburgers once they are cooked.
Tips: You can replace the white mushrooms with shitake or procini mushrooms. You only need a small quantity of porcinis, as their flavour is fairly strong. you can also substitute the white wine with brandy.