Mozzarellissima Grilled Stuffed Tomatoes
View all articles by this author
Perfect as an appetizer or as a side dish!
Kick your tomatoes into high gear with this tasty dish. Perfect as an appetizer or side dish for your grilled steak, this delcious recipe is sure to be a hit. more recipes can be found at saputo.ca
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What You'll Need:
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1/2 large red onion
- olive oil, to taste
- Small handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Saputo Mazzarellissima cheese, shredded
What You'll Need to Do:
- Cute a slice of approximately 1/2 inch (1 cm) off the tops of each tomato. with a small knife, cut the inside of the fleshy part of the tomato (do not cute through the bottom of the tomato). Using a spoon, remove the inside of the tomatoes, leaving about 1 cm of flesh attached to skin. Discard the seeds and juice.
- Lightly salt the inside of the tomatoes, place them with the open sides downwards, on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into 4 slices. Cut the pepper in half and remove the inside. Also cut the half onion in 2. Brush vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on direct medium heat until they are tender. Remove vegetables from heat. Once cooled, chop the zucchini, onion and pepper into small pieces. Add the mint and a drizzle of olive oil to the vegetables. Mix and season to taste.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the vegetable mixture and top with the Mozzarellissima. place on the barbecue over medium indirect heat, utnil cheese is metled and vegetables are heated through (approximately 5 to 6 minutes).
This article has been viewed 1785 times.