The Senior Living Caregiving Guide is published twice annually in March and September. Over one million family members and friends are caregivers in British Columbia. This resource-filled guide includes articles about caregivers, helpful advice, and a multitude of resources including support groups and companies offering products and services to help seniors live as independently as possible in their homes. We are pleased to partner with the Family Caregivers Network Society in the production of this guide. We appreciate the many businesses without whose support this guide would not have been possible. If you are in need of a particular product or service, please use the directory below to select the business or organization of your choice.
CLICK HERE to print or download our Caregiving Guide.
- Family Caregivers Network Society - provides information and services for family caregivers, volunteer and health services information
BUSINESSES OFFERING CAREGIVING PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- ACE Personnel - Specialties: Homecare for Seniors Childcare/Nanny Placements Disabled Care Support Established in 1977. Family owned and operated. 521 W 57th Ave., Vancouver, BC (604) 321-2778
- Acttogether Moving - We help seniors who are moving into condos, retirement residences or other locations within the Greater Victoria and Lower Mainland areas. Family owned and locally operated. Victoria: 778.351.3888 • Lower Mainland: 604.655.3909 • Toll-free: 1.888.849.8966
- Bayshore Home Health - offers a wide range of home care services that include nursing, personal care, home support and companionship to the residents of Victoria and surrounding area, allowing them to continue to live in their own homes with dignity and independence. 1512 Fort Street Victoria, BC (250) 370-2253 Toll-Free: 1-877-470-2253
- Changing Places - is a moving services company in Victoria and Vancouver, B.C. We specialize in helping clients - particularly seniors - cope with the stress of moving by taking care of all their moving and downsizing details. Contact Jane at 250.721.4490
- Care & Co - fully coordinates and manages care needs for individuals with empathy and understanding, looking towards meeting emotional, physical and spiritual needs. Call Johanna Booy, Senior Consultant & Medical Exercise Specialist at 250-382-2328 Office - 250-419-2328 Cell
- Helping Hands - personal support services including companionship, home support, accompanied transport, social outings, meal preparation and respite care. (250)881-0118
Home Care West - We can create a new plan or enhance your existing health care services by offering a 360 approach to home health care and active (aging) living. Services range from Home Care Assistants to live in care, from 2 hours to 24 hours. Call us at 604-924-5455 (Metro Vancouver, including the North Shore) at any time (24/7) to speak to a care coordinator.
- Home Instead - in-home senior care, respite care, companionship or other home care services in the Greater Victoria area, Port Coquitlam and Vancouver.
Victoria office: 1595 McKenzie Ave Suite 222 Victoria, BC 250-382-6565; Port Coquitlam office: 200-2550 Shaughnessy Street Port Coquitlam, BC 604-552-3324; Vancouver office: #201 - 2232 Marine Drive or #1100 - 1200 West 73rd Ave 604 925-1570 or 604 267-6742
- M. Allison Reeves - Counselling (Parksville) provides caregiver counseling, EMDR, PTSD and chronic pain and illness management services. 599 Attenborough Street, Parksville, BC 250-927-6548
- Medichair (Victoria) - our home medical equipment specialists have been providing solutions for your independence for over 20 years. 1856 Quadra Street, Victoria BC (250) 384-8000 • 1-800-528-9553
- Premier Home Care Services - We provide non-medical in home care to allow seniors to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible. Vancouver Westside - 1788 West Broadway Suite 402Vancouver, BC 604-636-1902
- Saint Elizabeth - is a not-for-profit, charitable home health care organization providing nursing care and home support. 380 Cook Street, Suite 2, Victoria, BC (250)385-0444
- Sidney SeniorCare & Oak Bay SeniorCare - Our caring in-home support staff helps promote independence within the comfort of your own home environment. We help you get things done with grace and dignity so that your daily routine is as smooth and comfortable as possible. Sidney office: 9752 Third Street Sidney, BC (250)656-7176; Oak Bay office: #209 – 2250 Oak Bay Avenue, Victoria, British Columbia (778)433-4784
- Senior Living Housing Directory of BC - details and costs for hundreds of senior residences located in British Columbia
- "To Move or Not to Move" Book - a helpful guide for seniors considering their residential options in British Columbia, written by Barbara Risto
- Senior Living Subscriptions - have Senior Living magazine delivered direct to your door every month
- "To Move or Not to Move" Book - a helpful guide for seniors considering their residential options in British Columbia
- "What Is Stopping You?" Book - breakthroughs using The Work of Byron Katie, written by Rick Hoogendoorn
- Reflections, Rejections & Other Breakfast Foods" Book - A collection of Gipp Forster’s published columns in Senior Living magazine, with other unpublished writings thrown in for good measure. A unique blend of humor and nostalgia, Gipp’s writings touch your heart in an irresistble way.
- Airport Butler - Our concierges work in partnership with other airport services providers to guarantee a personalized and stress free experience from the time you arrive until the time you depart. Services including; luxury lounge access, relaxing spa services, shipping & dining all in your own chauffered private mobile cart. 1-855-822-9868
- Cruise Holidays Nanaimo - For 20 years, Cruise Holidays of Nanaimo's team of professional counselors, with over 100 years of combined experience, have helped match our clients with the perfect cruise and tour packages that satisfy their vacation dreams 250-758-7893
- Enjoy Tour and Travel - Serving communities throughout British Columbia for local tourists looking to explore their own backyard. Enjoy the journey and the destination with exciting tours focused on bucket list adventures and unique experiences. 604-630-2434
- Expedia Cruisehip Centers Nanaimo - Providing spectacular vacation experiences and rewarding business opportunities for those with a passion for travel. 1-888-423-7114
- Pitmar Tours - Coach tours throughout North America, personally designed with YOU in mind! Door to door pick up and return with many extras! 1-877-596-9670
- Wells Gray Tours - Committed to providing quality guided vacations and travel packages that allow you to explore the world stress-free and on your own terms at a good price. Victoria 1-888-595-7889, BC Interior 1-800-667-9552
Other Senior Resources
- GreyPlay101.com - A year round web guide to activities, clubs and workshops for seniors in Victoria
- Seniors Serving Seniors - promoting the wellbeing of seniors in the Greater Victoria area
- Self Management BC - An organization offering self-management workshops, free to the public at various locations in BC, for people who suffer chronic conditions such as Diabetes, chronic pain and Arthritis.
Accepted links are organized by Category/Topic.
Search For Articles
The Last Act Can Be the Best
By Ellie O'Day
Joy Coghill is of the pioneering generation that brought performing arts in Canada to a ...
Snowbird Smartphone Travel Tips
By Darci LaRocque
Don't come home to a shocking cellphone bill. Follow these tips for worry-free connections...
Control Holiday Stress
By Eve Lees
The best holiday gift to give family and friends is your own good health. After all, who ...