A tasty spin on a classic dish, this grilled pizza is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next get-together. Topped with fresh, summery ingredients, this casual, yet elegant favourite works as an appetizer or a meal. more recipes can be found at saputo.ca
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
What You'll Need:
- 2 lbs (1 kg) store-bought pizza dough
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1 fresh peach, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, shredded
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 handful walnuts
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) arugula
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
What You'll Need to Do:
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough and drizzle with olive oil.
- Brush peach quarters with olive oil and grill on each side for a few minutes.
- Slide the pizza dough on the barbecue and cook on each side for about 5 minutes, until slightly golden brown.
- Remove dough from barbecue and top with half of the Mozzarellissima, the prosciutto, the grilled peach quarters and the walnuts. Cover with the remaining cheese.
- Place on the barbecue, close cover and cook on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted. Remove from barbecue and top with argula and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.