Senior Living is a multi-media company. We produce a monthly magazine about inspiring seniors that is distributed throughout BC, an extensive website with a variety of resources for seniors, a television series that complements our magazine, and an annual senior expo. We offer job opportunities for people who are eager to be part of a growing company and who have a skill set that can help take our company to the next level. We value commitment, reliability and versatility.
The jobs we have currently available are:
MAGAZINE SALES REP - Taking applications now!
Magazine Sales Rep (Victoria BC) Senior Living magazine is an established monthly publication distributed throughout the Greater Vancouver area and Vancouver Island. We require a top producing sales person who is passionate about selling and sees the incredible opportunity businesses have to market to the rapidly growing 50+ demographic through our magazine, website and special events. Having established business contacts, and connections to regional and national media companies would be a definite asset. The ability to manage or coach junior sales reps would also be an asset.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
• A high degree of self motivation and self leadership
• Proven experience in driving print and digital advertising revenue
• Exceptional community relations and networking skills
• Solid client management practices
• Experience with securing national accounts, particularly travel, health, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries
• Strong management skills which include excellent communication, organization, time management, problem solving, and decision making skills.
• Driven by the intension to serve others and deliver value, and keen ability to recognize client needs, resolve client challenges, and provide a solid ROI for the client
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Stratis Publishing Ltd (dba Senior Living) is a multi-media company with:
• a free monthly magazine distributed throughout British Columbia with a circulation of 40,000
• a comprehensive, highly optimized website with thousands of articles, an events calendar, two online radio stations, a business directory, bookstore, and an extensive senior housing directory.
• an annual one day Senior Expo that attracts over 125 exhibitors and 2500 visitors
• a half hour television show that airs weekly on a major television network
Over the past 9 years, Senior Living has carved out a strong niche in the magazine industry and boasts a loyal readership among the 50+ demographic. With the baby boomers just beginning to enter their senior years (the first baby boomer turned 65 in January 2011) seniors are the fastest growing age demographic. With distribution focused in one of the densest senior populations in Canada (primarily Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland), this is an opportune time to jump aboard a magazine that is in the right place at the right time. This is a magazine that is growing and has the potential to really spread its wings in the decades ahead. If you are chosen for this job, you will find no end to the opportunity that exists to grow and expand alongside this dynamic publishing company.
This position is full time.
Please provide details regarding your sales experience, accomplishments, and reasons why you feel you would be a match for our growing company which is based in Victoria BC.
Salary plus commission
Send application and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search For Articles
The Best Kept Secret in the Fraser Valley
By Julie H. Ferguson
Visiting an idyllic resort on the banks of the unspoiled Harrison River...
How to be a Good Tourist
By Suzanne Buller
Tips to avoid cultural blunders that could turn your dream escape into a comedy of errors...
Walking on the Edge
By Rick Neal
A rugged and wind-swept ramble along Vancouver Island's unblemished rocky shores...