To Move or Not to Move?
2017 Edition ready to ship in September 2017. Order now to secure your copy!
If you are a senior who has been wondering lately whether you should consider moving - then this is the book that can help you ask the right questions and find the solution that is right for you. Advice from professionals who are experts in the area of assisting seniors with their relocation questions and concerns.
A handy reference guide for seniors and their families wrestling with the issues around whether relocation is the best option. This 128-page book provides helpful, easy to read information and suggestions to help seniors and their families understand the decisions they need to make.
Published by INSPIRED Senior Living July 2017. 128 pages. Softcover.
- What residential options are available?
- Define your current situation - What residential option is right for you?
- How to research and assess Independent and Assisted Living residences.
- What do Independent, Assisted Living and Complex Care facilities have to offer?
- How much does it cost to live in an Assisted Living residence? What subsidies are available?
- Thinking of moving in with family members? Questions to consider before making your decision.
- Are there any other residential options besides Independent, Assisted Living and Complex Care facilities?
- If you choose to stay in your own home, what are your options and what should you plan for?
- Who can help you decide what you can or cannot afford?
- Funding sources available to seniors - tax deductions, housing subsidies, home care subsidies, equipment loan programs, renovation grants, etc.
- Selling your home - how to find the right realtor or relocation services to assist your move.
- Plan your move - suggestions to make the process easier
- Tax implications and/or benefits related to moving
- Downsizing - Where do you start? How do you proceed?
- Adapting your home to meet your mobility needs - tips and suggestions
- Security measures; protecting your home; using medical alarm devices
- Hiring home care services; do it yourself or hire an agency?
- Legal matters - how to make sure you receive the care you desire should you not be able to communicate due to some incapacitating condition; appointing a trustee to make financial or medical decisions on your behalf.
- AND MUCH MORE
To view sample pages of 2009 edition, click here.