It's a New Senior Living! Find out why!
After months of work and some keen tech guys, we are proud to be launching our new website. You will notice considerable changes at first (and possibly a few glitches- please bear with us), but we hope that you will see this website as an online community for you to interact with and find the information you need.
- The Blog - We have added a Blog component to our website, which can be found on the top navigation under NEWS. This is where we, your friends at Senior Living, will be posting updates and commentary. Sometimes it will be about our own personal thoughts, sometimes it will be about things in the community that we want to highlight and sometimes it will be about what goes on behind the scenes at Senior Living – we feel that it is important to have an informal way for you to get to know us and the spirit behind Senior Living.
- 4 different homepages for 4 different sections - Because we are no longer just a printed publication, we needed a way to address all of our developing media portals such as our TV and Radio. This is why we divided the website into 4 different categories so each can shine on their own while still being united.
- Social Media. We have been slowly establishing our social media presence (FACEBOOK, TWITTER, YOUTUBE) in order to give you continuous ongoing content daily – not just content from us but also from articles all over the web that we feel you would enjoy. These are pages where you will hear about events and contests first and will find the most recent updates. This is also where you can not only talk to us directly but also talk and share things with other users. Don't be afraid to post ANYTHING you find interesting, informative or just plain funny on our Facebook Page... or ask other readers questions that you need answered. Instead of just relying on experts or professionals to give you an outlook, sometimes connecting with strangers who have been through what you are going through can give you answers or solutions that you wouldn't have thought of. This is what we hope to establish with our social media. This will also help us understand what content you want us to be organizing for you. If you have a question about how to join or use our social media networks, please feel free to contact me with any questions!
- Business Directory – As we continue to grow and expand, we are going to be developing a new business directory. This will be filled with businesses that have been supporting us over the years. This directory will give you a snapshot of the business (mission statement, photos, address, testimonials), as well as listing all their current promotions. It will be a good place for you to check out and get great deals and information from trusted businesses that you won't be able to find anywhere else.
- Online submissions – As I've said before, our goal is to have a full and resourceful library of content and information for you. This is why we are opening up a larger format for you to share your experiences, life stories, recipes (you'll notice we have branched this section off) and photography. Because of publication costs, we have limitations with the amount of content that we can print in our publication but would like to invite you to submit your stories, outlooks, art, photos or commentary to us so we can share it on our website. Email me at Steffany@seniorlivingmag.com to submit or for more information.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions feel free to contact us at any time.
Search For Articles
Gipp Forster: Posthumously
By Gipp Forster
I won’t say when I first wrote this particular column. It could have been last week or ...
By Chris Herbert
Initially, I had some trepidation about this trip or at least a nagging unease. Could I ...
Environmental Stewardship Begins With Family
By Mathieu Powell
Interview with Canadian icon Dr. David Suzuki...