Ever wonder what your taste buds say about you? According to a national survey conducted by Angus Reid Strategies for yellow tail in March 2009, wine preferences reveal a lot more about a person than basic pairing choices.
Playing By Their Rules
- While nine out of 10 Canadian wine drinkers play board games, 27 per cent admitted to playing by their own rules and cheating when the mood strikes.
- More than 50 per cent of Canadians aged 18-34 admit to cheating at a board game.
- Specifically, Cabernet Sauvignon drinkers are most likely to cheat while playing a board game (41 per cent), followed closely by Merlot (31%) and Sauvignon Blanc drinkers (32 per cent).
What do you enjoy with your wine?
- When enjoying a glass of wine, men are more likely to get frisky with a loved one (41 per cent of men) while women are more inclined to have a games night (28 per cent of women).
- The majority of Canadians who like to play board games in the bedroom are Merlot or Pinot Grigio drinkers.
- Manitoba and Saskatchewan residents are significantly more likely to get frisky with a glass of wine (57 per cent compared to 36 per cent average).
Wine shopping for games night
- The best wine choices for a double date are Chardonnay, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc, as both men and women list these as top faves.
- If choosing wine for a man, Cabernet Sauvignon or a Shiraz is your best bet
- If it's a lady you're aiming to please, women tend to prefer Pinot Grigio, Rosé and sparkling wines like yellow tail Bubbles.
Article courtesy of News Canada
This article has been viewed 1852 times.