Escape to the exotic this winter, with the fresh tasting and easy to prepare Indian Spiced Pork with Peach and Mint Chutney recipe. Ideal for a weeknight family dinner or it can easily be doubled for entertaining.
Indian Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Peach & Mint Chutney:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (50 mL) each diced onion and red pepper
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) peeled finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) brown sugar
- 1 (14 oz/398 mL) can California Cling Peach halves in fruit juice from concentrate, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup (50 mL) coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 lb (500 g)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garam masala*
- Salt to taste
*Garam masala is a blend of Indian spices available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
Preperation time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
Roast: 25 min
Total time: 45 min
- Drain peaches and reserve juice.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion, red pepper, jalapeno, ginger, garlic and cinnamon stick.
- Stir just until onion softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, ¼ cup (50 ml) peach juice and chopped peaches.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer stirring until mixture thickens, 5 to 7 minutes. • Remove from heat and cool. Once cool, stir in mint.
Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Sprinkle pork all over with garam masala and salt. Place in small roasting pan and roast uncovered for about 25 minutes.
Serves 3 to 4 people
For more enlightening peach recipes visit http://www.calclingpeach.ca
This article has been viewed 2125 times.