Canned California cling peaches are firmer and hold their flavour better than fresh peaches and they are more readily available at this time of year. For a nutrition boost try canned California cling peaches in this delicious recipe ideal for entertaining.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/12 lb piece wild salmon, halibut or black cod, at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick or 4 fillets (675 to 750 g)
- Finely grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp EACH paprika (preferably smoked), dired thyme leaves and granulated sugar (2 ml)
- 1/4 tsp EACH salt and black pepper (1 ml)
- 1 can peach halves, in fruit juice or light syrup (14 oz / 398 ml) (1 can)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, preferably multicoloured (250 ml)
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces (2)
- 1 garlic clove (1)
- 2 tsp olive oil (10 ml)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh basil or mint (45 ml)
What You'll Need to Do:
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with foil for easier clean up. Place fish at one end of baking sheet.
- Stir lemon peel with seasonings and sugar. Sprinkle over fish and rub in. Roast fish for 10 minutes.
- Drain peaches well and cut into quarters. Place in a bowl along with tomatoes, green onions and garlic. Add oil and salt. Stir.
- After 10 minutes of roasting fish, place peach mixture at other end of pan. Continue to roast 8 to 10 more minutes until fish flakes.
- Toss peach mixture with basil. Cut fish into serving-size pieces. Serve peach sauce spooned over top.
More information is available online a CalClingPeach.ca
This article has been viewed 1685 times.