Coconut Pork Stir-Fry
View all articles by this author
Try this recipe with chicken or tofu.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Marinate Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chinese five spice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 375g pork tenderloin - cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4 inch / 6 mm thick slices
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Veg Plus! canola and vegetable oil blend
- 250g sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 small onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 can coconut milk (390 ml)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups packed spinach leaves (approx. 150g)
- Cooked rice (optional)
What You'll Need to Do:
- Combine marinade ingredients in bowl; add pork, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry pork, 1/2 at a time, 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is browned.
- Remove from pan with slotted spoon.
- Stir-fry mushrooms, bell pepper and onion in same pan for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Add pork, coconut milk and garlic salt. Stir in spinach; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice if desired.
This article has been viewed 4484 times.