January 2007 Table Of Contents - Senior Living Magazine Victoria BC
WELCOME - FROM THE EDITOR - JANUARY 2007
Bobbie Jo Sheriff
Welcome to our Special Wellness Issue of Senior Living. In these pages, you'll read about how senior residences are taking an holistic approach to recreation; advice on adapting your home for aging-in-place; the dangers of mercury poisoning and what to do about it; and tiops for asking your pharmacist the right questions.
Wellness covers a multitude of topics and we will continue to bring you various articles on various wellness topics throughout the year.
For now, sit back and enjoy our Special Wellness Issue. And if there's something or someone you'd like to read about in the pages of Senior Living, please get in touch. All the best in 2007!
- 2 I Did It!
- Celebrating a milestone birthday at 12,500 feet
- 6 Humanizing Healthcare
- Vera McIver made a decision in 1967 that changed her life, and the lives of seniors in extended care.
- 8 Hometown Heart
- Coal mining town pub continues to thrive
- WELLNESS FEATURE
- 12 Nutrition and Aging
- 14 Aging-in-Place
- 16 Heart Disease
- 18 Playing for your Health
- 20 Heavy Metal Headache
- 23 Emotional Wellness
- 24 Pain Management
- 25 Ask Your Pharmacist
- 29 Dealing with Dementia
- One family's determination to carry on despite an Alzheimer's diagnosis
- 42 Memories By Any Other Name
- Remembering the smell of childhood.
- 10 Victoria's Past Revisited
- The Romping Tale of Billy Barker
- 32 In My Backyard
- Art In The Garden
- 38 Tasty Traditions
- Fond memories and heritage recipes
- 46 Author
- Carol Matthews
TO VIEW MAGAZINE, CLICK ON IMAGE BELOW