April 2008 Table Of Contents - Senior Living Magazine Victoria Bc
- 6 A Life in Film
- From the mail room to the director's chair to semi-retirement, Stan Olsen is still busy in film and TV.
- 8 Filling the Gaps
- The Red Cross relies on volunteers for Response, Relief and Recovery.
- 12 Raising Spirits Raising Funds
- The Peninsula Singers have been raising money for charity for years - what they get back is immeasurable.
- 14 Good for the Soul
- Providence Farm is more than a working organic farm - some consider it a haven.
- 16 Behind the Scenes
- Talented volunteers share their gifts with the Victoria Operatic Society.
- 18 Two Decades of Caring
- Capital City Volunteers celebrate 20 years.
- 20 Action-Packed Celebration
- Senior Living magazine hosted the 3rd Annual Senior Celebration Festival at Pearkes Rec Centre on March 14.
- 24 Mind over Meaningless Matter
- What to do with all that "stuff".
- 30 A Little Help from Her Friends
- Ruth Scott approaches her failing vision like she approaches life - with grace and a sense of humour.
- 40 Add Everest Base Camp to Your "List"
- Traveller Patricia Morris found a sense of accomplishment near the top of the world.
- 46 Nobody's Son
- Author Frank Keeling kept a long-held secret he shared only with his wife - until he published his book.
TO VIEW A COPY OF THE MAGAZINE, CLICK BELOW